I sent out a mass fax to multiple recipients at once and there are some faxes that failed. How can I easily setup a process to resend the faxes that were not delivered?
App Expert Reply:
– One solution is add a picklist field in Sent Fax object called “Resend Fax.” Picklist values can be “Resend” and “Resent.” And setup a process builder when that field changes to “Resend,” then create a new Sent Fax record following the Process Builder article and update that field to Resent.
– With more configuration, you can track tour process better and modify it to your business use case. If you ever want help building a process, we offer premium app support as a service.
– Another option to manually resend a fax record:
1- Go to Sent Fax Record (with Status: Not Delivered).
2- Take a Clone by clicking the Clone button on the record.
3- Set below fields:-
- Status => Sending
- Send Date => Current Date and Time
- Sent With Outbound Message (checkbox) => Checked
4- Empty filled values from below fields:-
- Sent Date
- Detailed Fax Status (Set to None)
- Number of Retries
5- Save the record.